About AGROASIS – the vision
“Through internal reflection and dialogue in a supportive and open environment and strong communication with the outside world, the NOVA Nordic School of Agroecology/Ecological Agriculture brings about an innovative contribution from agricultural universities that is in tune with the needs of society”
In the spirit of the NOVA University Network, the vision of the Nordic School of Agroecology/Ecological Agriculture is Nordic collaboration in agroecology:
- Reducing the gap between societal priorities and university responses regarding ecological agriculture.
- Serving the development of ecological and sustainable food systems.
- Enhancing the spin-off from ecological to conventional agriculture.
- Transcending the sectorial approaches in agricultural research and education.
- Focusing on the multifunctional role of agriculture – from production to consumption.
- Creating a climate for the cultivation of knowledge, across disciplines and professions.
- Being a network that is open and inviting, reflective, creative, inclusive, engaging, brave and participatory.
Contact information: Associate Professor Geir Lieblein, Norwegian University of Life Sciences (UMB), Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Agroecology Group, P.O. Box 5003, N-1432 Ås, Phone: +47 64 96 56 44, Fax: +47 64 94 78 02, E-mail: [email protected]